Friday, April 24, 2009

mmmm muffins...







The other day i took our photographer Fran from lumin-essence.com.au out to the Eco Village to show her where she will be shooting our wedding and i gave my kids a muffin we had made that morning to eat in the car on the way out - anyway when we got there i found crumbs in every single cm of the back of the car....so when i read lisa's blog (sweetbeets) today and saw that she had put a recipe for banana muffins that apparently don't crumble everywhere i thought i would give it a go!

YUUUMMMMMMM....they are the best muffins i have ever tasted! Seriously...the secret ingredient - yogurt - works!!

Here's the recipe:

Banana Muffins

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
cinnamon (optional)

6 tbsp softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt (I used fresh passionfruit yogurt which i think made it even better)
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)

Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cream the butter and sugar using a mixer. Beat in the eggs and rest of wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients.

Bake at 180 deg C for 25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Another thing that lisa said in her blog is how much her kids love helping cook and that she wants to make the most of it and that is soooo true, i think it is something so simple that we take for granted...Xaviah loves it and I hope he will for a little while longer - I'm not quite ready for him to be too cool to cook with his mama.....

xx

p.s. This is all the crumbs these delicious muffins produced - and X is one of the messiest eaters known to man kind...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see your post! Thanks for trying the recipe and I'm delighted to see you love it too. Minimal crumbs is so wonderful, isn't it? Until I found this recipe I had stopped baking muffins because they crumbled so much and it was so frustrating to have to clean up all the mess! And what a great idea to use flavoured yogurt!!! I'll have to try that.

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

WOW - I tried these too and they were incredible! Thanks so much for the advice to use the passionfruit yoghurt. I used that too and it was a flavour explosion! Pics and review on my personal site:

http://stephbond.blogspot.com/2009/08/crumbless-banana-passionfruit-yoghurt.html