Monday, May 3, 2010

Things I love to do in my town






Today I thought that i would write about things that my family and I love to do in my town. We live on The Gold Coast in the beautiful suburb of Currumbin. It was only over the weekend that we took the kids and our dog for a walk that I realised how lucky we are to live here. I thought it might be a good idea to share with you all what we enjoy doing and then you could write in and let us know what you and your family do for entertainment where you live? It is always good as a mum or dad to know what is fun for families! We are beach lovers, which is why i want to hear about what everyone else does!

We love "The Dune" Cafe at Currumbin Estuary, its just off the Gold Coast highway at currumbin and they have built a fabulous new pirate park and cafe on the shores of the gorgeous estuary. The kids love swimming there, its nice and safe which means I can relax and afterwards I can sit and have a nice cup of coffee while they play in the parklands. This place is super kid friendly!! Sometimes we ride our bikes down, which really wears the kids out!

Hastings Point in Northern NSW is another stunning spot that we love to picnic. There is a small park, heaps of shade and the water is beautiful and perfect for young children!

OMG I almost forgot, Tallebudgerra Estuary is the most amazing spot! There is a stunning bush walk that you can easily push a pram along. There are lots of trees and just an amazing outlook!

Who can beat riding along the pathways between Kirra Beach and Point Danger and stopping for ice cream in Coolangatta.

For those Rainy days we love going to Kidz Biz at 14/23 Enterprise ave, South Tweed Heads. The cafe has great food and yummy coffee and is in between the young kids play area and the older kids play area. The slides are really fun and have quite an angle on them!

Lets hear some from you now, we would love to know what you guys do!!

No comments: